Recommend a [Socket 775] / [1333 FSB] / [1066/800 DDR2] Mobo

New PC Hardware? Computer Trouble? Tell us all here..
IceT-Bag
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
STEAM: icetbag
ORIGIN: IceTBag
UPLAY: IceT-Bag

That's interesting, I'd have thought it would give a memory error beep. Maybe its not the case with new mobo's but I'm sure they should raise a memory fault if there is no memory whatsoever connected to the mobo?
The best defence against software piracy is producing a game worth buying.
Sky
MW2 Traitor!

That's what I'd normally think too, but to beep it needs to post (the beeps are part of post), the dead stick seems to be shorting the board so badly that it can't post, same result on 2 boards, 1 Asus and 1 Biostar.
I've heard Hanzy talk!
Some people are like Slinkies. They’re not really good for anything; but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs!
IceT-Bag
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
[22ndSAS] Server Admin

Ok, new Corsair PSU arrived, connected it up and same result so I think that confirms its not the PSU.

Went and bought a stick of DDR2 Ram to replace the Crucial Ram and still no joy.

So that leaves a dead mobo or CPU as the culprit.....thoughts people?

I'm thinking of RMAing the mobo's as that's the cheapest option, already splashed out over £100 trying to fix it so far. :(
Sky
MW2 Traitor!

rma the mb as doa, label the old psu as defo suspect
when exch mb arrivestry it with new ram & psu
last I looked intel cpu's had alifetime warrenty
I've heard Hanzy talk!
Some people are like Slinkies. They’re not really good for anything; but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs!
IceT-Bag
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
[22ndSAS] Server Admin

Just checked Intel's site and boxed retail CPUs only have 3 year warranty. I've had it longer than that I think.
umbongo(uk)
YoRkShIrE StRiPpEr
YoRkShIrE StRiPpEr
STEAM: konradski
ORIGIN: umbongo21

ok ice heres a longshot

1. what bios is the new board running REASON i ask is their are 3 revision boards all with differing bios updates ,the revision number will be on the bottom left side of the board just above the screw hole. if they have kept the intel boards the same as the amd ones:(......the asus board should be P5KC BIOS 1203 the earlier bios Version 1001 enhance ram compatability and again newer bios dont give out what wrong and why their updated could just be the cpuid info as suggested in the crappy short readouts
2. bios update you could be one of the unlucky guys who has the cpu that need a bio update/rollback to make it work properly(never fear bongo has a shitty cpu he can send you (lol id just packed it up for sky but he,s understanding and was in for a treat lol)before u rma and start crying then turn back to alife of crime stealing car wheels again )
3.this will determin if either board is fcked as its a low end cpu and will give you chance to update the bio.s and re try the uber cpu
4 ive just checked your boards and they both accept the celeron 420 i will send if you want to try this .......the ball is in your court unless you update the p5k. as you said it sometime boots and as long as you can keep a stable bios screen u should be able to update using the ezflash and a usb stick read bios flashing on asus site for more detail

PS::::has sky been at the sherry again :pointy:

pps..i have a feeling you have the gigabit rev 2 and above board with old bios--suffixs in bio have letters FI is latest bios. as long as you have FC=Improve CPU compatibility
and above it should be fine
they go in alphabetic order above ff would be better.. FF=Fix CMOS Setup issue ,could relate to voltage or save function anything realy or even just be that a key press dosent work
Sky
MW2 Traitor!

I did say last time i looked, which was about 6 years ago :p
I've heard Hanzy talk!
IceT-Bag
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
[22ndSAS] Server Admin

Cheers Bongs, I've RMA'd the mobo and it's getting collected on Tuesday so no need to send the CPU...but thanks for the offer. :salute:

I did manage to update the Asus P5KC mobo to the latest version before swapping mobo's ...it made no difference to the boot problem.

The Gigabyte board is Rev 2.0 so I'm assuming the BIOS is FI, or atleast at a version that supports the E6750.

If ebuyer test the board and send it back as working then maybe I can take you up on the offer of the older CPU as it could only be a knackered CPU then ...if Sky is in no rush for it.
umbongo(uk)
YoRkShIrE StRiPpEr
YoRkShIrE StRiPpEr
STEAM: konradski
ORIGIN: umbongo21

dont worry about sky ill bung somthing else in the box .i was just gonna send him some cpus i had from other machines i upgraded ,and a mystery gift that works :wink: (he knows what im on about friggin magic pad my arse :D :p )
IceT-Bag
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
[22ndSAS] Server Admin

Well, eBuyer having confirmed there was a fault with the motherboard, and from the RMA notes it would appear they have updated the BIOS on the motherboard and thats sorted it - so I now await them to return the motherboard.

Fingers crossed!