Dishonored

A place to discuss upcoming new games, we'll let you talk about Call of Duty but you will run the risk of being ridiculed or banned if you sound like a fan boy!
IceT-Bag
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
STEAM: icetbag
ORIGIN: IceTBag
UPLAY: IceT-Bag

£14.99 on the Steam Sale for today - an absolute bargain!!!!
The best defence against software piracy is producing a game worth buying.
Mr. Plow
Back in 13 yrs
Back in 13 yrs
STEAM: [22ndSAS] Mr. Plow
ORIGIN: MrPlowy

SOLD TO THAT GENTLEMAN IN THE PINK SLIPPERS!

---

Don't forget to pick up this nifty little tool for fixing FOVs. Most unreal 3 engine games have problems regarding this including 'Dishonored' ...

umbongo(uk)
YoRkShIrE StRiPpEr
YoRkShIrE StRiPpEr
STEAM: konradski
ORIGIN: umbongo21

ive just played it and although its not too shabby it realy is worth only a tenner(i do like the old system of making less look more and the art direction is nice )
some piss poor game dynamicts irked me 2 that realy got my goat
throwing bottles/crap dosent make enemie piss off 80% of the time or move into the lethal zone .droping unconsious arse,s can alert people even if your in another room no were near the fckers
annoying irksome one that will get everyone. the jump system at lvl 2 can have a mind of its own and thngs youd expect to climb or be able to move to have invisible walls just as you realise your either deasd or hav been seen
you only need 2 powers to navigate the entire game ? what the [f*ck] are the others for

im on a second play through at a more sedate pace ie trying not to kill the one person i did and the charachter i knoked out and died when i put them in a boat ? plus the [tw*t] who was killed by me shutting the dustbin lid
ps most of the game can be bypassed to get an ultimae score but from waht ive seen only the chaos factor would give me a worse ending as it seems the characters you do/dont kill play a part in the cutscenes at the end

umbongo score 7/10 and im only giving the extra point because it realy does have potential to draw you in but then loses momentum in certain maps (due to the small area of play cleverly disguised i may add that made me smile shame they didnt expand on it as i still felt confined )
ps you wont see my acheivments or any of that malarky wink wink nudge nudge

Don't forget to pick up this nifty little tool for fixing FOVs :::::::why it goessssssssss up to 85 ill admit i use 95 but its good enough..also work fine on a ati4670 gpu just expect xbox looking graphics
IceT-Bag
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
[22ndSAS] Server Admin

Wow, I thinks thats the most positive review I've seen from you Umbongo :D

I'd give it 9/10 myself, your right that some of the powers arent required for the storyline, but they do let you play the game differently (i.e. using rats to attack people or devour dead bodies so no-one finds them).

I've played both ways - killing everyone and also stealth and using non-direct means of killing people (i.e. getting the drinky boys to sort out the brothers at the brothel). I've seen both endings needless to say :)

I thought the storyline was good. I agree their are some wierd intermittent issues with jumping now and then...but jumping is for amateurs - BLINK is what the pro's use :)
umbongo(uk)
YoRkShIrE StRiPpEr
YoRkShIrE StRiPpEr
STEAM: konradski
ORIGIN: umbongo21

I've seen both endings needless to say :)
all endings not just 2 as in whoever dies dosent end up in the end you get ;) i shot samuel on the end mission and let a certain 2 person go over the edge (windblast lol)and i help lovley granny so i could get some stew
but yeah 2 endings lol

I thought the storyline was good. I agree their are some wierd intermittent issues with jumping now and then...but jumping is for amateurs - BLINK is what the pro's use :)

but blink was one of the issues i had as in one minute youd hit the spot the other you,d bounce off the bloody thing you,d blinked to fcking arrows n circles
i used it mainly for strangulation then blink to a roof / doorway to hide the body so i didnt get the odd rats eating live people situation

i felt annoyed the books kept repeating and i had to keep going back to fcking audio card reader for info these kept breaking my pace on the first run through

did you also notice the save system is knackered and it dosent default ..no auto mana charge up
it to me is like mirrors edge and has points that let it down like edge ,edge was great until i realised i had to use weapons/fighting later on as you did .that then killed the imersion and games fluidity as i had to break off for yet another tedious punch up

still 7/10 as its also similar to bulletstorm in tone
UnReaL
May the GAY be with you

Just won BAFTA for best game.
IceT-Bag
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
[22ndSAS] Server Admin

Good game, I rate it and think its worth every penny (and I paid full retail!)
IceT-Bag
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
[22ndSAS] Server Admin

New DLC coming out in April where you play as the assassin Daud :-)