Patch 1.02 now released

General chat for Farcry 1, 2 ,3, 4....well you see where we're going with this!
Godz
Captain
Captain
STEAM: godswork
ORIGIN: Godswork

I AM NOT A MEMBER OF THE 22NDSASSCREAM....AIM....FIRE!!!!!!!!!
IceT-Bag
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
STEAM: icetbag
ORIGIN: IceTBag
UPLAY: IceT-Bag

ROFL @ 1.2 "invalid username/password" bug - just like FC1, they really should skip the 1.2 patches and from 1.1 to 1.3.
The best defence against software piracy is producing a game worth buying.
Godz
Captain
Captain

yeah they fixed it eventually they released the patch before they updated their own servers

It seems that there's an issue with the patch, the server is not completely up to date, meaning that, the autopatcher is not providing a patch, and if you update your update manually your game, you won't be able to connect because your current version is different that the one on our server. We are updating all our database, everything should be back to normal soon.

the patch made a difference to me i played with WTE clan and had good fun
Godz
Captain
Captain

ok i will give my short opinion.

since i have been playing the game i have got to know it well so this patch is welcome for me.

its good to see the clan tag in the game for a start, but the tag is the only thing you can change you still have to have ubi login name so if your going to start playing register one you want.

the server browser is better you click on custom match and the server list will appear dont bother using any other server list options only custom match, it shows all the servers that are ready to play and you can filter them for each game type, it does not show games already started (good thing really)

you do stay on the same server now so staying with your friends is much better, ubi are working on a better server admin package and will be released either by another patch or a .exe

the other changes are just minor things.

I do know it can be played as a clan because i play with the WTE lads most nights and have great fun.

I suggest you give the game a try and keep at it till you at least rank a weapon up better (a 3 diamond weapon) i recommend the M249 fully ranked, buy that weapon at rank 3 and get some executions done, you will soon feel the difference in the gun.
ANGER MANAGER

Before the patch , I could play single player fine , but could't get multiplayer to work due to it saying INVALID blah blah .

Now I have installed the new patch , not only can I not play multiplayer , but when I start the game , I have to enter the CD key again , and it isn't working .

Now I can't even finish the single player off , and there is no uninstaller on the patch :x

Does anyone know where the cd key is logged in the registry files , so I can see how I typed it in originally , or even delete it ?

Not a happy bunny . :(
Godz
Captain
Captain

hmmm i dont know where all these problems people are getting coming from? i aint had any problems since the day i installed it? are you lot running Vista?
IceT-Bag
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
STEAM: icetbag
ORIGIN: IceTBag
UPLAY: IceT-Bag

It does seem to be people with Vista that suffer the most. Maybe there is issues with Vista's .NET support or maybe a problem with DX10.0 and DX10.1.

This is one reason I've stuck with XP, dont care for DX10.x as DX9 is good enough for me for now.
The best defence against software piracy is producing a game worth buying.
umbongo(uk)
YoRkShIrE StRiPpEr
YoRkShIrE StRiPpEr
STEAM: konradski
ORIGIN: umbongo21

they updated the dx10 patche for xp ice .i havent tried the new one tho so i dont know if its any good .besides dx 10 dosent add nothing that i can see thru pissed squinty eyes :lol: :p

want better special effects in game ,make your monitor foggy smear vasaline all over it.motion blur without having to code anything
LuMbErJaCk
CopyCat
STEAM: wolvcast

umbongo(uk) wrote:they updated the dx10 patche for xp ice .i havent tried the new one tho so i dont know if its any good .besides dx 10 dosent add nothing that i can see thru pissed squinty eyes :lol: :p

want better special effects in game ,make your monitor foggy smear vasaline all over it.motion blur without having to code anything
I was wondering all the time why you needed so much vaseline anyway :D :popcorn: