Ghost Recon Wildlands (4 player co-op)

A place to discuss upcoming new games, we'll let you talk about Call of Duty but you will run the risk of being ridiculed or banned if you sound like a fan boy!
IceT-Bag
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
STEAM: icetbag
ORIGIN: IceTBag
UPLAY: IceT-Bag

I had Ghost Recon Future Soldier as a freebie and it was ok - albeit an obvious console game. Ghost Recon Wildlands looks better, they appear to have dropped a lot of the 'techie' crap (albeit using drones).

Hopefully its more of a return to the old Ghost Recon franchise that was great, time will tell as more info is revealed.

Trailer:

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Dev Q&A:

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
The best defence against software piracy is producing a game worth buying.
CuZ
Wirralian Git
Wirralian Git

Looks good... wonder what the engine is, very similar appearance to FC4 in the early shots.

A little disappointed with the obvious use of assisted aim, but I suppose they have to make it playable for the Sons of Owain and the Eric the Viking :p

I think this made it onto my "probable buy" list though.
Proving since 2004 that winning has nothing to do with not dying or the ability to shoot [sh*t] ...
Its all about choosing the right side!!! :D
Worlds Best Engineer... ...once!
IceT-Bag
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
STEAM: icetbag
ORIGIN: IceTBag
UPLAY: IceT-Bag

For me, 3rd person shouldn't be in a FPS game as you can peep around corners without actually peeping as such (give me lean functionality from original R6/GR games). This game seems to use a hybrid 3rd/1st person system, 3rd person moving around and 1st person when aiming.

If this game has the ability to force 1st person then I think it has potential (it would certainly need it for MP). I do like the sound of 4player co-op campaign. It does look like the FC engine (CryEngine), they've never used it in previous GR titles, maybe this was a required (and welcome) switch to support the vast landscape they want you to be able to roam.

I'll need to know alot more about the game first before I part with cash though - Noobisoft has burned FPS gamers in the past...but I hope this changes with this game.

EDIT
Ubisoft wrote:
Ghost Recon Wildlands is the upcoming installment of the acclaimed third-person shooter franchise...

It is the very first military shooter set in a massive, dangerous and responsive open world...

Ghost Recon Wildlands is developed on a new proprietary engine...
To address the above statements by Ubisoft in an official FAQ:

1> GR started out as a quality 1st person game ....only in the last 2 titles has it gone 3rd person (and by no means ACCLAIMED!). In fact the GR community has diminished over the years as Ubisoft has repeatedly butchered it with consolitis. So, from the sounds of the statment the hybrid system may be forced 3rd person till your looking down your sights which for me doesnt aid realism.

2> Hey Ubisoft - have you heard of Arma 3? Arma 2 maybe? or what about Arma or Operation Flashpoint - they were the first milsim games in a massive open world. So to claim that your either BS'ing everyone already or maybe you mean its YOUR FIRST MILITARY SHOOTER in an OPEN WORLD? Im not asking this game to be Arma 3 realistic - but as soon as you go 3rd person you cant claim the game will be a military shooter ...its just another cannon fodder game. Hell, even the old Delta Force games were more realistic. I hope to be proved wrong on this point.

3> Now this to me says "We've modifed the CryEngine we licenced and we've added atleast 1 new feature/function/variable to it that makes it slightly different from the engine used in FC4" :)
The best defence against software piracy is producing a game worth buying.
CuZ
Wirralian Git
Wirralian Git

Well that pissed on my chips... :x :~

Gotta be honest, i didnt even notice the 3rd person view.
Perhaps played too much GTA and AC lately?

Its now back on the maybe shelf, pretty and flexible as it looks :p
Proving since 2004 that winning has nothing to do with not dying or the ability to shoot [sh*t] ...
Its all about choosing the right side!!! :D
Worlds Best Engineer... ...once!