Elite Dangerous

A place to discuss upcoming new games, we'll let you talk about Call of Duty but you will run the risk of being ridiculed or banned if you sound like a fan boy!
IceT-Bag
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
STEAM: icetbag
ORIGIN: IceTBag
UPLAY: IceT-Bag

Now OFFICIALLY released - £39.99 on Steam though :cry:

http://www.elitedangerous.com/
The best defence against software piracy is producing a game worth buying.
IceT-Bag
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
[22ndSAS] Server Admin

CuZ
Wirralian Git
Wirralian Git

I remember when I used to be good at BB code...

Cant get this fecker embeded here, so have a link

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/ ... ous-Review

I actually coughed up my readies last Tuesday.
Impressions so far:

1. Keyboard Classic control is not viable - side thrusters are an integral/essential part of the game, even Bongo hasnt got enough fingers...
2. Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2 is usable for space trucking where it doesnt matter if the quality of the flying is less than ellegant.
3. If I can find anywhere open with one in stock, tomorrow I am buying one of these:

Which is kind of an indication of how good I think this game might be...

I am definately in the runaway school of combat at the moment mainly due to a lack of control (I hope!)
I did try and duke it out in one instance of being ambushed by a Master Level [muff] in an EAGLE.
In 40 mins of dogfighting I took his shields off line just the once then spent the minute or so it takes them to come back up missing him completely :D

Its also a harsh lesson to learn that there is not a space station in every system...
Fuel scoops work well, but you dont have enough slots with starter ship (Sidewinder) to just add one, you have to ditch something else none mandatory.

Not sure if this will work but....

Game Manual

As you can see if it did, the Wingman option is now active....

So in short... I love it and hope it will have a lot more to give once I have a joystick...
Proving since 2004 that winning has nothing to do with not dying or the ability to shoot [sh*t] ...
Its all about choosing the right side!!! :D
Worlds Best Engineer... ...once!
IceT-Bag
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
[22ndSAS] Server Admin

Im so tempted, been watching gameplay vids plus i have a joystick and throttle quadrant....welsh has spent the last week throwing cash at his monitor he wants it so bad (they havent worked out online transactions in wales yet)...we can form a space posse :)
CuZ
Wirralian Git
Wirralian Git

I cant let the phrase Space Possey pass... ...sorrry.

Go on Welshy you know you want to!!!

Still waiting on the Joystick...fecking Currys... closed Sunday, out of stock in store Monday but >140 in the depot, so I ordered it for delivery.

Big mistake; I could have got it click and collect in store the next day, instead its off into the land of Royal Mail 3-5 working day delivery, they wouldnt even let me pay extra to deliver sooner...

So something I ordered on the 6th is currently stuck in Scotland :x :
10-APR-2015 00:17 Outward RDC Volumetric Acceptance Yorkshire Distribution Centre
09-APR-2015 16:02 Pre-advice Received

Still enoying the game though, currently pimping out my Viper :D
Although in between the more exciting missions it does get a little dull with the constant trading...thats the treadmill of life in the Super Space Highway though... :p
Proving since 2004 that winning has nothing to do with not dying or the ability to shoot [sh*t] ...
IceT-Bag
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
[22ndSAS] Server Admin

Lol @ flesh Gordon :)

Ive read upgrading power core and shield generators are 2 good upgrades for newbies.

You have to make sure their classes match your ship though
CuZ
Wirralian Git
Wirralian Git

IceT-Bag wrote:Lol @ flesh Gordon :)

Ive read upgrading power core and shield generators are 2 good upgrades for newbies.

You have to make sure their classes match your ship though
Upgrades are well managed in the menu, if you cant afford it or it doesnt fit it doesnt let you buy it.
The way I approached it was to go for anything that increased the range for a single jump to make the "go get me 4 tons of bananas for Moscovia" missions easier - while your fuel tank can do about 100 light years, your engine starts off at around 6 LY range. A few mods soon get you above the 9-10 level, cutting down the number of jumps you have to make. The navigation menu allows you to select fastest or most ecconomical (fuel wise) in terms of jumps as the full used isnt linear.

After that the shields are a next best, even if you are planning on running away, you need shield life to be able to prepare for a jump!

I was suprised how quick I was able to pimp out the Sidewinder you start with and get the Viper which doubles the cargo as well as being faster and having way more scope for expansion. FYI Cargo scoops come as standard even on the Sidewinder which is good, all though you might want to be carefull about what you pick up; I shall say no more!
(No, not fecking tribbles, at least not yet!)

As for the joystick, I hadnt realised how much i missed having one since my old Gravis Blackhawk was consigned to history with the death of the gameport...this one is the dogs bollocks...

Can still whole heartedly recommend the game, especially with the ongoing support its getting - 7 patches (1 Major 6 minor) since begining of March alone.
Looking forward to landing on Earth at some point!
CuZ
Wirralian Git
Wirralian Git

Currently £30 on Steam... :good:
...and now coming to Xbox 1
:puke:
GrumpyOG
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
STEAM: [22ndSAS]SeaWibble
ORIGIN: GrumpyG

Had this for a few months, got a few million credits and an explorer, anyone play this week wants to team up?
IceT-Bag
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
[22ndSAS] Server Admin

Think there is only Cuz who has it amongst us lot Grumpy