Far Cry 3

General chat for Farcry 1, 2 ,3, 4....well you see where we're going with this!
IceT-Bag
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
STEAM: icetbag
ORIGIN: IceTBag
UPLAY: IceT-Bag

Porky wrote:original names then :p
Porky_Sexgod
Doesn't exist :cry:
The best defence against software piracy is producing a game worth buying.
Porky
The Dentist
The Dentist
STEAM: Porky_69

lol i didnt mean i had a uplay account...

just making a declaration :p
IceT-Bag
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
[22ndSAS] Server Admin

Played some MP for the first time last night, its not bad, but the host migrated twice during a game resulting in half the players leaving.

If only they hadn't dropped the ball by using a consolised P2P system instead of a proper dedicated server package.
UnReaL
May the GAY be with you

Qwerty made me buy this tonight, so my soul belongs to the devil after I broke my promise to God to never buy another Farcry game again.

We played 3 of the co-op missions.... wow I'm really supprised at how actually good this game is oO

I haven't tried single player yet, might give it a go tomorrow, but I think I'll get quite a few hours of the coop missions alone, which is impressive.

The decoding system is interesting, the leveling up is easy, rewarding and well made, and a free DLC on release? wtf... With options to buy another single player mission with the uplay points (which you earn dynamically from completing daily missions/tasks) I nearly have enough for it already after 2 hours.

The FarCry outpost thing is nice too, being able to continue the decoding research/change your loadouts while not at your PC (Website/app) is a really cool feature.

Issues I have with it so far:

Mouse sensitivity, I have it literally on 0 in game, and my mouse still bounces all over the place with little I can do to control it.
Neverending spawn of bad guys, cod style.
Head bob is on the extreme side

Overall, (so far at least...) £30 well spent.
IceT-Bag
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
[22ndSAS] Server Admin

Let me know when you and qwerty are doing coop again and I'll join you
UnReaL
May the GAY be with you

My username is Portchyboy and qwertyis is Samqwert

Hollar at us! :)
UnReaL
May the GAY be with you

Come ts ice :)
IceT-Bag
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
[22ndSAS] Server Admin

Played some co-op with Unreal last night and it was a good laugh, today I played some MP - had to opt for TEAM DEATH MATCH as that had the most players playing it - just over 200 on the PC MP !!!!!! :shock: :cry: :x

Anyhow, I pwned everyone big time, probably because all the good players got fed up with the shitty P2P system which interrupts each match with several HOST MIGRATION pauses.

I tell you now, the MP game needs AUTO BALANCING more than African kids need a good meal, what started out as 10 v 10 ended up 8 v 2 and there was nothing we could do about it but quit the MP game. :x
SL!CeR
Sergeant
Sergeant

Let me know when people are playing again me and sk3lph are up for playing this... I have not tried the co-op yet. The problem with SP for me is the stealthy stuff lol I rather spray and pray hahah
CuZ
Wirralian Git
Wirralian Git

Just played this through on SP a year late...having traded up from my SLI GTX460s to a GTX970.
Everything set to the max...
The fact that I was not naked could not hide the stiffy this gave me, even with my tiny grizzle! :flasher:

Holy [sh*t] what have I been missing!
This is FAR CRY!!!!

On to FC4 next...

After watching the vid that Achilles just posted, cant help but wish for someone to do a CoD or BF4 and remaster the old classic maps...
1.4 versions of course :p
Proving since 2004 that winning has nothing to do with not dying or the ability to shoot [sh*t] ...
Its all about choosing the right side!!! :D
Worlds Best Engineer... ...once!