My Car Is Going To Be Written Off

A place for joe public to talk about anything...
DrZux
Mr TouReTTeS
STEAM: DrZux

Driving in Derby on friday, I pulled out of a junction and had to stop at red lights. Person behind me saw me pull out, only looked right and ran straight into the back of me. Stupid bitch didn't even look left, she just presummed I'd gone. Had Ellie in car with me, luckily it's a good child seat and she hasn't got a mark. I've been left with a very stiff neck and shoulder though.

Well here is the damage. Notice my smashed Irmscher surround on the 1st few photos. The ones without it were after I managed to pull the bumper (Plastic Only) clear to make it driveable.

Happened on Old Uttoxeter Road at the traffic lights by the old prison. Was on my way to see Hervig. He's going to be gutted had all the Ghost In The Shell DVD's as in every episode from every season plus all the extras for him to rip.
BowzeR

Fuckin women drivers. Why the he'll didn't she stop if you had to stop for the red light? Or she didn't look at the lights either? You sure it's gonna be written off mate? Looks like she hit you pretty heavy, chassis still straight? Glad you an your kid are reet tho. Soft [b*stard] haha
ANGER MANAGER

Perhaps you can buy the wreckage back and fix her up .
I had whiplash not too long ago and my left arm and hand went quite numbe , with pins and needles feeling for about a year .
Hope you get well soon m8 .
axeskyhigh
PorKys GinGa BaG
PorKys GinGa BaG

glad your both ok m8 :o
my m8 is building one of these i'll see if he'll consider a part ex :lol:
http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur ... N%26um%3D1
Porky
The Dentist
The Dentist
STEAM: Porky_69

cars only plastic and metal m8...

more important is ya little girl and you are ok :good:

takecare bud

porks
IceT-Bag
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
STEAM: icetbag
ORIGIN: IceTBag
UPLAY: IceT-Bag

As Porky said mate, cars can be replaced, lives can't - glad it was only a small accident and you're all ok.

It probably will be a write-off as most insurance companies wont fix a car if the estimated damage is more than half the vehicles value, and those motors are getting on a bit now :(

Do you know any good panel beaters? If so, as long as the chassis is sound it may be worth buying back from the insurance company and doing it up.

I hope you dragged the women through her car windows and kicked the living snot out of her. I see this happen all too often, people turning left out of a junction never look left - always assuming the car before them has gone. I do quite a bit of motorway driving with my 5 jobs, and most of the near misses I've had or witnessed have involved women - they may statistically be involved in less crashes - but they certainly cause most of them!
ANGER MANAGER wrote:...I had whiplash not too long ago and my left arm and hand went quite numb , with pins and needles feeling for about a year...
I bet you had some quality 'personal time' with that though :lol:
axeskyhigh wrote:...my m8 is building one of these i'll see if he'll consider a part ex...
ROFL!

That would certainly make people look left at a junction.
The best defence against software piracy is producing a game worth buying.
DrZux
Mr TouReTTeS
STEAM: DrZux

Plan is too buy it back regardless. If it can be fixed it will be.

And yes everyone is right the car can be replaced, myself and my daughter can't.
IceT-Bag
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
STEAM: icetbag
ORIGIN: IceTBag
UPLAY: IceT-Bag

yeha mate, buy it back, and with the spare money you can maker her a looker like these...

:pointy:
The best defence against software piracy is producing a game worth buying.
Porky
The Dentist
The Dentist
STEAM: Porky_69

or may i be so bold as to suggest :? :D

BowzeR

if icould afford an aston martin, i would put my sig on it! rofl!