All in on a new build...

New PC Hardware? Computer Trouble? Tell us all here..
IceT-Bag
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
STEAM: icetbag
ORIGIN: IceTBag
UPLAY: IceT-Bag

Timus Takus :lol:
The best defence against software piracy is producing a game worth buying.
Shaggy
Chief Gay Norfolk'n'Good
Chief Gay Norfolk'n'Good

Your hard drive may have a bad sector :flasher:
Mr. Plow
Back in 13 yrs
Back in 13 yrs
STEAM: [22ndSAS] Mr. Plow
ORIGIN: MrPlowy

Shaggy wrote:Your hard drive may have a bad sector :flasher:
Something is up 'cause I'll have to boot up 5+ times to get windows rolling... thinking it might have something to do with the sata controller. Haven't had time to find and correct the error though. Just seems strange that I can actually boot windows sometimes and sometimes not :cry:

IceT-Bag
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
STEAM: icetbag
ORIGIN: IceTBag
UPLAY: IceT-Bag

Is your SATA drive running the latest firmware?

I've heard of SSD issues when older firmware caused conflicts.
The best defence against software piracy is producing a game worth buying.
Mr. Plow
Back in 13 yrs
Back in 13 yrs

Nope... tried to but the firmware updater couldn't find my drive :shock: I think next step is to update the BIOS.

Porky
The Dentist
The Dentist
STEAM: Porky_69

Mr. Plow wrote:
Shaggy wrote:Your hard drive may have a bad sector :flasher:
Something is up 'cause I'll have to boot up 5+ times to get windows rolling... thinking it might have something to do with the sata controller. Haven't had time to find and correct the error though. Just seems strange that I can actually boot windows sometimes and sometimes not :cry:

good job its 5 times faster than mine then :p
umbongo(uk)
YoRkShIrE StRiPpEr
YoRkShIrE StRiPpEr
STEAM: konradski
ORIGIN: umbongo21

lol porks no good being faster if its an unstable thing :)

some interesting reading for the ssd crowd nice 6 pages on what u bought how it works and why you should scrutinise what make /model your buying slc v mlc blah blah blah blah of to put this gammon in the oven im starving
http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/ ... geNumber=1
Mr. Plow
Back in 13 yrs
Back in 13 yrs

umbongo(uk) wrote:lol porks no good being faster if its an unstable thing :)

some interesting reading for the ssd crowd nice 6 pages on what u bought how it works and why you should scrutinise what make /model your buying slc v mlc blah blah blah blah of to put this gammon in the oven im starving
http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/ ... geNumber=1
Thanks for the link. I'll read it before I go to bed :p Will try and install windows 7 on an old school SATA drive to rule out faults in the other components. BTW if by chance windows actually starts it sometimes "hangs" for long periods of time,,, :?

umbongo(uk)
YoRkShIrE StRiPpEr
YoRkShIrE StRiPpEr
STEAM: konradski
ORIGIN: umbongo21

any chance u can list the model plow so i can have a look at it and see the specs are .i may then be able to deduce if owts wrong
cant remember were but another site i was on a while back ,was telling peeps to be wary and that all sdd are not alike due to the limited cache que.on cheap models..i stuck to my cf card as its just as [sh*t] but kubuntu works a treat lool
(note to self must restart bookmarking sites again even if it does mean sifting thru 900 links just to find elf women from barnsley in the list )
Mr. Plow
Back in 13 yrs
Back in 13 yrs

yeah mate :) it's a CORSAIR FORCE GT SERIES 3 2.5" 120GB SSD MLC (capital letters because I'm shouting) and it's hooked up to ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME-Z Z68 S-1155 E-ATX (rev. 3.0 if I'm not mistaking). Bookmarking pfffff where's the fun in that? stick to browser history - it's a much bigger challenge :lol:

And now it seems that my old SATA disc is sleeping with the fishes judging by the clonking noises it makes. Maybe I should stay clear of computers and components all together!