OK I give in on BC2

New PC Hardware? Computer Trouble? Tell us all here..
DrZux
Mr TouReTTeS
STEAM: DrZux

I've forwarded all my ports, can sometimes log into my account, but only once did I ever get any servers listed. WTF is going on
IceT-Bag
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
STEAM: icetbag
ORIGIN: IceTBag
UPLAY: IceT-Bag

Hi Zuxxy,

1> Set a rule in your firewall to allow both BFBC2Game.exe & BFBC2Updater.exe full internet access.
2> Make sure both EXEs are run with Admin permissions.
3> If you are connecting via a router, bypass the router and connect your PC directly to the internet connection to see if the router configuration is the problem.

Let us know if there is any improvement, if bypassing the router makes things better then we can look at what settings you have (maybe you have UPnP enabled for example).

Link to portforwarding on various router/modems (for informational use to everyone): http://portforward.com/
The best defence against software piracy is producing a game worth buying.
DrZux
Mr TouReTTeS

Done all that mate, ports are open, just guessing I'm destined to be [f*cked] about on it, anyone for internet spades. :(
IceT-Bag
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
[22ndSAS] Server Admin

So, you've bypassed your router to eliminate that as a possible cause?

What firewall are you using?
Porky
The Dentist
The Dentist
STEAM: Porky_69

did u manually update zuxxy....i have to all the time :x
M3rC

If its causing all these problems, just to play a game, I think i'll skip this one lol
DrZux
Mr TouReTTeS

It does do a manual update as I've seen it do it on launch.

Ice I've even turned all the firewalls off both router and PC just to see, not something I like doing. But no change
DrZux
Mr TouReTTeS

Found out what the problem is.

Because I live in the back of beyond our exchange is not 21CN enabled so there are No private LLU's in the exchange. There is also no plans for it to 21CN yet, although Louth just down the road is due in september, this means the max DL I can get is 6mb, OK fine that is not normally a problem, BUT BT have implemented a fair usage package for all BB users regardless of who the ISP is. This means at peak times bandwidth is limited for massive data movement ie: Gaming, Streaming, Downloading etc. TBH this is all I can point it at and would also explain why my ping in FC is appaling.

I'm seriously considering getting Virgins Mobile Broadband, the speed is 7.2mb down (not sure of up) and is limited to 4GB a month at £10-00 a month, but if this means I can play at least once a week I'm fine with that as a temporary measure, unless anyone feels like buying me a house in Derby then I can get normal ADSL+2 and have some fun.
IceT-Bag
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
[22ndSAS] Server Admin

This may sound strange mate, but create a new EA account and try logging into BC2 with that.
Porky
The Dentist
The Dentist
STEAM: Porky_69

IceT-Bag wrote:This may sound strange mate, but create a new EA account and try logging into BC2 with that.

dont think the name "gibger norvern git" is taken :p